St. Pat's Beef Pot Pie
Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 30 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 1/2 lb. shoulder top blade (flat iron) beef steak OR boneless beef sirloin steak
+ 1 (8 oz.) crimini mushrooms, sliced
+ 1 1/2 c. frozen crinkle cut carrots
+ 1 1/2 c. frozen peas
+ 2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme, divided
+ 1 tsp. minced garlic, divided
+ 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
+ 1 can (14 -14 1/4 oz.) beef broth
+ 1 refrigerated pie crust (1/2 of a 15 oz. pkg.)
What to do:
1. Heat oven to 425°F. Cut beef steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/4-in. thick strips. Spray large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat until hot. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 3 min. Add carrots, peas, 1 tsp. thyme and 1/2 tsp. garlic; cook and stir an additional 3-4 min. or until carrots and peas are defrosted. Remove from skillet; set aside.
2. In same skillet, add 1/2 of beef; cook and stir 1-2 min. or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Remove from skillet with slotted spoon; set aside. Repeat with remaining beef.
3. Dissolve cornstarch into beef broth; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir about 1 min. or until sauce is slightly thickened and any browned bits on bottom of skillet are dissolved. Return vegetables and beef to pan; stir to combine.
4. Place beef mixture in 2-in. deep, 9-in. pie plate or similar sized round baking dish. Unfold pie crust on flat surface, pressing out fold lines with fingers. Place crust over beef mixture allowing edges to drape over pie plate. Sprinkle remaining 1 tsp. thyme and 1/2 tsp. garlic evenly onto top of crust. Place pie plate on 15-1/2 x 10-1/2 x 1-in. jelly-roll pan. Bake in 425°F oven 16-18 min. or until crust is golden. Remove from oven to wire rack; let cool 5-10 min. before serving.
* Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Calories: 402; Total Fat: 18g; Cholesterol: 58mg; Total Carbs: 31g; Protein: 27g; Sodium: 490mg;