Corned Beef Brisket with Roasted Vegetables and Lemon-Mustard Sauce
Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 3 Hrs.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 3-1/2 to 4 lb. boneless corned beef brisket with seasoning packet
+ 6 medium cloves garlic, peeled
+ 2 tsp. black peppercorns
+ 2 c. water
+ 1 lb. carrots, cut into 2-1/2 x 1/2-in. pieces
+ 1 lb. parsnips, cut into 2-1/2 x 1/2-in. pieces
+ 1 lb. savoy cabbage, cut into 4 wedges
+ 2 Tbsp. olive oil
+ 1/2 tsp. salt
+ 1/4 tsp. pepper
+ 1 Tbsp. olive oil
+ 2 Tbsp. finely chopped shallots
+ 2/3 c. sour cream
+ 1/3 c. Dijon-style mustard
+ 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
+ 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh dill
+ 1 tsp. honey
+ 1/4 tsp salt
+ 1/4 tsp. pepper
What to do:
1. Position oven racks in upper and lower thirds of oven. Heat oven to 350°F.
2. Place corned beef brisket in roasting pan; sprinkle garlic, contents of seasoning packet and peppercorns around brisket. Add water; cover tightly with aluminum foil. Braise in upper third of 350°F oven 3 to 3-1/2 hrs. or until brisket is fork-tender.
3. Meanwhile, place carrots, parsnips and cabbage on rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and toss gently to coat. Season with salt and ground pepper. Cover with aluminum foil. Roast in lower third of 350°F oven with brisket 55 min. Uncover; continue roasting 10-15 min. or until vegetables are tender and begin to brown.
4. Remove brisket from roasting pan. Cover and refrigerate 1/2 of brisket (about 12 oz.), 3/4 c. each carrots and parsnips and 1/2 c. Lemon-Mustard Sauce for Corned Beef and Roasted Vegetable Salad with Lemon-Dill Dressing.
5. Carve remaining brisket diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Serve with remaining roasted vegetables and Lemon-Mustard Sauce.
1. Heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil in small saucepan over medium heat. Add chopped shallot; cook and stir about 2 min. or until tender. Remove from heat; cool 1 min.
2. Stir in dairy sour cream, Dijon-style mustard, lemon juice, fresh dill and honey. Season with salt and pepper. Cover; set aside.
* Nutrition information per serving includes 2 Tbsp. Lemon-Mustard sauce.
* Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.
Calories: 394; Total Fat: 26g; Saturated Fat: 9g; Cholesterol: 93mg; Total Carbs: 23g; Fiber: 5g; Protein: 20g; Sodium: 1682mg;